Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Maintenance... More than an oil change...

Yes, it's come to that time where the break pads on both my Burgman and my wife's Elite must be done.  Mine is just making a weird squealing noise but the Elite is just ugly sounding.

Now, I have ordered parts from my usual on-line source.  Bike Bandit, however I'm sure there are other great sources out there for aftermarket and OEM parts.  I have just been using these folks for a while now and I have had good luck thus far.  For both sets of brakes (and an exhaust gasket for the Elite) it was around $60.  I thought that was a pretty good price.

Now, this weekend (should the parts arrive) will be interesting.  I have both service manuals.  I plan on doing this job all myself.  We will see how well it goes.  I'll keep you posted....



...Will Mitch be able to make all the repairs?....
...Will he get them almost back together only to find he needs one more thing?....
...Will he get his fingers caught between the wrench and a very hard piece of metal?.... (very likely)
...Will his wife just look at him and shake her head....

... We will find out all these things, and more on the next installment of....

As the Scooter Wheel Turns!!!

2 comments:

  1. YES
    YES
    That or cut himself YES
    Of course, she will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh the loving conformation of an adoring, all knowing wife! lol

    ReplyDelete