Saturday, May 29, 2010

Well, you're scooting now for sure...

Well, for those of you who haven't seen it on Facebook, I'm truly scooting these days.  My scoot(s) are my only means of transportation due to the S-10 taking a dump.  On a good note, my father-in-law who owns a pilot car company got a good recommendation from a colleague of his about someone not far from here.  He had the best quote to rebuild the transmission of about 4-5 he called.  The person my father-in-law was one of his pilot-car buddies.  And maybe I'm crazy but if a man who has vehicles on the road 365 days a year in all types of conditions takes his vehicles to this guy because he does a good job, I'm thinking maybe I can trust him.

Well, so far I like the guy.  He called me straight away when he knew what was wrong with it.  I expected to have the truck down at least a week to get it fixed, but after getting it to him on Thursday, he called as I was headed for lunch on Friday saying he was finished.  AND at the quoted price.  All before he had to leave the shop from 2-4 so he could drive the school bus.  Yes, the SCHOOL BUS!   I am not talking down about the guy.  I just think it's funny.  If the man can hold down a steady business AND take time every day to make sure the kiddies get home safely from school, he really has more going on than I do. 

I will hold final judgment on the guy until after I get it back.  After that I'll pass along what's going on.  Until then..

Stella.. Sasha..  We Ride....

No comments:

Post a Comment