Thursday, June 17, 2010

And until then....

I'm going to have to break in here and talk about this because it's been bothering me for some time now.  I just have to say I'm so very sad this year that I'm unable to go to any rallies.  Even though moving home and the new job is great, the process has drained our finances.  The move, the new house, fees, taxes, blah, blah  has left me with no money to go out of town.  Even for the weekend.

I'm seeing my friends post on Facebook about upcoming rallies and I just have to sigh and say "not for me this year".  I remember those fun weekends of meeting with friends, laughter, long rides with close to (or over) 100 scoots all in a line and again, I sigh.  I think of the great bands, the food, the travel too and from (always an adventure) and again, I sigh.

I know it's not forever.  I know I haven't gone to my last rally.  I know that by the fall and especially next summer things will go back to being more normal and I will have the opportunity again.  It's just going to be a long summer.

I also know that with this new venue comes new adventures, and different rallies with new people to meet and with whom to share my passion of riding Scooters.  But not yet.

So until then my friends Scoot lively.  Scoot with passion.  Scoot with a joy that only we know.  And above all, Scoot safely.  I want you all to be there when I'm able to return and see you again.

1 comment: