Tuesday, April 26, 2011

April Showers - FOR THE LOVE!!!!!

OK, yes I know it happens every year.  Yes, I know it's been happening so long that there is that nice little saying “April Showers bring May Flowers…”

AARRRGGHHHH!!!!

Come on!!  I mean really?  According to this site we have had as of this morning 7.42 inches of rain in April.  According to the UK site we have had rain of some type 18 of the last 30 days…

This is giving me a serious downer.  Scoots are in the garage.  Rain for the foreseeable future.  Sigh….  And of course the first song on my ‘random play list for the day’?  “When the Levee Breaks” by Led Zeppelin…  Universe how you mess with me.

I have at least been lucky enough for a couple of nice Saturdays so I guess I can’t complain too much.  I’ve been able to stick to my “Ride at least once each month of 2011” new-year’s resolution.

Take this past Saturday for instance.  It was high time I got lost, and it was a great day for it.  I took out on Stella for a nice ride.  It still amazes me that after growing up in this area I can take a turn and still get lost.  LOVE. IT.
 
Note to self:  Get small compass for Stella….

Yes, I think back to my 4-H days (wasn’t a boy-scout) and learning how to find a semblance of where North is due to the time of day and the sun.  And it came in handy, but for a while there I really thought I was going to be stranded in the back-woods of southern KY and northern TN with no gas.  Man I didn’t know that road went there.  But now I know, and I know that it’s a good hour and a half ride.
I’ve found that I’ve started developing ‘routes’.  So far I have a ‘15 minute’ route, a ‘half-hour’ route, and now an ‘hour and a half’ route.  I’m pretty sure that if I go much longer on the Stella however I’m going to have to find a ‘make sure you go by a gas-station’ route. 

Sad thing, they just aren’t as frequent way out here in rural areas.  Finding some beautiful country.  Great landscapes.  Nice gently curving roads.  Just not that many gas stations. 

Challenge accepted.

1 comment: